Angry Birds Stella was a puzzle video game and the second spin-off from the Angry Birds series, developed by Rovio Entertainment, in 2014
This game is based on an Angry Birds character named
Pink Bird, Stella, who was first introduced in the Angry Birds Seasons level called "Back to School", which was released in August 2012.
It begins with Stella leaving the rest of the Angry Birds flock and setting off to Golden Island to visit four other friends (Poppy, Luca, Willow, and Dahlia) for vacation. However, Gale and an army of pigs steal Stella's photo album, which leads Stella and her friends to embark on a journey to retrieve it..
Game Progression Edit
The entire selection of levels is separated into "Chapters"
Main Episodes: Edit
Many of the other episodes outside of Branch Day and Beach Day are all unlimited amounts of Bonus Levels all of which contains items for a Lost and Found gimmick that was updated later on
The mechanics are almost the same like the original game of the series, players use a slingshot to shoot an assortment of birds to nearby structures, with an intent to kill all the green pigs that can be either near, in, or on the structures, and the bird's abilities allows you to tap and hold for a certain amount of time. However, despite these similarities, there are some major differences, one is that you can bounce off large drums and still use the birds' ability afterwards, (like on a Poppy level for example). Another is that at the end of the Level, you get your necessary number of stars you earned, but the difference is that these stars can be used to level up the player him/herself, or you can use it to unlock photos for the Album and can unlock the specific number of stars to unlock a Bird on a level.
Stella's scrapbook allows you to access the characters, costumes, and boxes you have unlocked. At the very beginning of the game, it shows that the scrapbook with photos are stolen by Gale together with the pigs from Stella's treehouse, and then it was dropped from the airship on one of the flowers. You must get the scrapbook at Level 5.
Power Ups: Edit
- The Hammer is the only power-up used in this game that can be unlocked on Level 13. Press it at anything or any enemy to destroy the item/enemy. After using it it takes a certain amount of pigs for it to recharge or you can spend coins and use it immediately.
Pigs on the Block:
Bonus Content Edit
Bonus Levels: Edit
The bonus levels were added in v1.1.1 update of the game. The main feature of this update is the possibility of the player to choose a bird of the three prepositions. Like Angry Birds Epic before it, after the player passes a level necessary to turn the roulette wheel, where you can win coins and certain Lost & Found items. The number of prizes you obtain is equal to the number of stars the player earned in the level. Also for getting stars on the bonus levels and items can earn experience points (XP). To achieve a certain level of experience opens up new Lost & Found items, pigs and boxes. You must unlock after you complete Level 18 of Branch Out, complete the tutorial levels of Luca, Willow, and Dahlia to play areas on the map
- Angry Birds Stella is the first main game in the series as a whole where the playable Birds are not given alternative names named after their color or an attribute to the character.
- The following reasons of why Angry Birds Stella is a unique game.
- There is only one returning playable Bird.
- It is the only Angry Birds Game or Spinoff where Red does not appear directly.
- It is the only game where the flock has only 1 male member.
- It is the only game where the main character is female.
- It is one of the only games to have its own Comic-Con Panel.
- It is the only game where the main villain does not appear in the final level.
- This is the second game where the main villain is a bird, the first being Darth Vader, but it is the first depiction of infighting amongst the birds.
- This is the only game where all of the birds sport unique eye colors, with none of them ever having black eyes (light blue, dark blue, green, brown, orange, and yellow). In fact, the only characters with black eyes are the pigs.
- In the in-game files, the game stated the name "Purple" and "PURPLE_BIRD" on multiple occasions, possibly referring to Gale.
- Each of the birds abilities are similar to those from previous games.
- Stella's ability is similar to Red's ability from Red's Mighty Feathers.
- Poppy's is similar to Matilda.
- Luca's is similar to the Blues.
- Willow's is similar to Hal.
- Dahlia's is similar to Bomb.
- Gale's is similar to Mighty Eagle.
- This game used to have a Facebook glitch. You didn't have to connect Facebook to play the game or you couldn't play the game anymore. You had to uninstall the game and reinstall it. Makes you lose all progress because Rovio Account is not available in this game.
- Some of Lost & Found items has references:
- You can see Red and King Pig as Luca's toys, inside a car, referencing to Angry Birds Go!.
- There is an action figure referencing Red's design as Optimus Prime in Angry Birds Transformers
- The old loading screen of Angry Birds can be seen as a logo on the Game Console, near the television.
- The unused posters are referencing to:
- Red's poster - Michael Jackson's Thriller
- The Blues' poster - One Direction
- Chuck's poster - ???
- Matilda's poster - Daft Punk
- Bomb's poster - The Notorious Big