Angry Birds Space is the fourth installment in the Angry Birds series. The release date was on March 22, 2012. It was first announced on the Angry Birds Space page
The first posters before the Press Release first appeared in February 17, 2012. The very first poster featured a full sized page of the Super Red Bird with words at the bottom saying 'TOP SECRET' along with the first video in the 16th. After the trailer, they released the second trailer on the 23rd showing two astronauts on a slingshot. Then in the 24th with the third trailer appeared showing the Lazer Bird. Then on March 3rd, it shows a spaced out pig for the first time.
Press release Edit
On March 8, 2012, Rovio posted a press release about the game with further information:
Game description Edit
After a giant claw kidnaps their eggs, the Angry Birds chase it into a wormhole and find themselves floating in a strange galaxy surrounded by space pigs! Luckily, the Angry Birds have super powers of their own...
Angry Birds Space features 270 interstellar levels (or 386 (387 in Android) levels, if you count the Danger Zone, Eggsteroids, the Space Egg bonus levels and the new Space Eagle bonus levels) on planets and in zero gravity, resulting in spectacular gameplay ranging from slow-motion puzzles to lightspeed destruction. With regular free updates, new in-app purchases, brand new birds, brand new superpowers, and a whole galaxy to explore, the sky is no longer the limit!
- 270 interstellar levels and counting!
- Regular free updates!
- Brand new birds! (Ice Bird and Space Egg)
- Brand new pigs! (Fat Pig and Astronaut Pig)
- Brand new superpowers!
- Zero-gravity space adventures!
- Trick shots using planets’ gravity, volcanoes and water.
- New in-app purchases for iOS!
- Hidden bonus levels!
- Beautifully detailed backgrounds!
- Boss Battles! (1-30, 2-30, 4-30, 5-30, 6-30, 7-30, 8-20, 8-40, 9-30, 11-40)
- Power Ups and Free Daily Rewards. (Daily Rewards feature is no longer available since Beak Impact update.)